As a partner of a pregnant woman you sometimes have the impression that you are there pure as decoration during the birth. But you do play a role!
The role of a birth partner is to give you practical and emotional support when you’re in labour.
Some activities for the partner:
- Be a Coach; This is the most hands-on role. You’ll help your partner relax and push, cheer her on, and be her advocate with the hospital staff.
- Maintain the atmosphere in the room (light, music, temperature)
- Radiate rest and relaxation and help the childbirth to relax To interpret the wishes of the child
- Massage; for example of the back and feet
- If you want to be a part of the game, but don’t want to coach, be a teammate; You provide encouragement and help out when your partner asks
If you have questions about this, you can of course always discuss it with the midwife.